The Wauchope Olympic Swimming Pool is located at Cameron Street, Wauchope, in close proximity to the central business district. This facility was first opened in 1961.
This facility includes:
- 50 metre x 6 lane tiled pool with 1 metre & 3 metre diving boards
- An outdoor toddlers pool with shade cover
- Change room facilities and public toilets
- Waveless lane ropes and wave starting blocks
- Kiosk facilities, landscaped grounds and swimming club facilities
- Electric barbecue facility
Michael and Cindy Mullens have had a long and proud history with the town of Wauchope .
Michael was a member of the Wauchope Swimming Club having success at National level, and was also State Title Holder as a Surf Swimmer with Wauchope Bonny Hills Surf Club.
Michael’s father Patrick ran the Wauchope Indoor Stadium and coached several highly successful swimmers to AIS level, such as Angela Mullens, Stuart Blackall ,and Emma Everingham.
Both Michael and Cindy studied at the local TAFE.